M. C. Dean, Inc. ENGINEER 1 - NORFOLK, VA in Norfolk, Virginia
ENGINEER 1 - NORFOLK, VA
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Engineer will support large initiatives for DoD programs worldwide. In this role, you will be working on a multi-disciplinary team, in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support complex C4ISR/IT systems. Responsibilities include identifying, gathering, documenting, and tracking requirements; performing requirements analysis; developing operational concepts for systems; overseeing build of systems and facilities; performing systems integration, verification, and testing.
The right candidate will have a well-rounded technical background in C4ISR projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, without being hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive solutions, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done. An ability to develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• 1 – 3 years of project engineering experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, or similar technical field
• US citizen eligible for TS security clearance
• Excellent MS Office skills, including MS Excel, Word, PPT, Project, and Visio
• Experience with AutoCAD and/or REVIT a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
• Ability to complete multiple tasks under strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledVEVRAA Contractor