Anthem Director HealthCore Research, Safety and Epidemiology (Remote Option) #PS3722 in Norfolk, Virginia
/HealthCore, Inc/., a health services research firm, is seeking a Director of Research, Safety and Epidemiology with experience in the healthcare consulting or biopharmaceutical industry to join our dynamic company. Founded in 1996, and now an independently-operating subsidiary of /Anthem, Inc.,/ HealthCore provides the health care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with "real-world" data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. HealthCore’s projects range from retrospective to large-scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine, and medical device safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidemiology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Research to join our Safety and Epidemiology Life Sciences Research team . The Director of Research will lead the business operations of the Safety and Epidemiology business unit and oversee a team of scientists in the execution of pharmacoepidemiology, risk management, and medical product safety studies for a portfolio of clients in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Responsibilities include : The Director of Research is responsible for managing the Safety and Epidemiology business unit, including oversight of the full portfolio of projects. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: * Business operations managemento Set the strategic direction and priorities for the Safety and Epidemiology business unit. o Plan, direc t , and control the resources and efforts of the Safety and Epidemiology business unit, including the d evelopment and implementation of the hiring plan . o M entor and develop associates to support the growth and success of HealthCore ’s Safety and Epidemiology team. o Lead analysis for resources ( e.g., people, funding, materials, and support) to complete projects and recommend changes . o Lead the e valuat ion of business unit performance against plan to review successes, shortfalls, and areas of concern. o Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
* Research portfolio managemento Operational accountability of all Safety and Epidemiology projects. o Support principal investigators and project managers in the proactive identification of potential bottlenecks, gaps, and risk areas as it relates to scope, budget, and timeline, and escalation to senior leadership. o Track current and projected financial status of research projects. o Support research leads in the development of timely, accurate, and high quality project deliverables.
* Business development supporto Lead the development of study proposals in response to a Request for Proposal, including the scope of work, budget, and timeline framework around each proposal. o Work collaboratively with Business Development Directors to facilitate proposal submission, bid defense preparations, and contract execution.
- This position requires an MS, MPH, PharmD, or PhD in business or a life sciences field; 5 years of experience in health service research, epidemiology, or related field; 3 years of experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities leading project teams in the execution of research studies, including 2 years of experience managing client interactions; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background .
- PhD preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills highly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment highly preferred.
- Strong research background that includes study design and analytical skills highly preferred.
- Relevant experience in conducting research using health plan administrative databases (pharmacy and medical claims) preferred .
- Consulting, clinical, payer, biopharmaceutical, or related experience preferred.
- HealthCore is headquartered in Wilmington, DE, midway between New York City and Washington, DC, with offices in Andover, MA and Alexandria, VA. The ideal candidate would be located in Andover, MA, Watertown, MA, or Wilmington, DE. However, this role is open to remote work locations. / / Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran. / /
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Director HealthCore Research, Safety and Epidemiology (Remote Option) #PS3722
Other Locations: DE-Wilmington, MA-Watertown, MA-Andover
Requisition ID: PS3722