Huntington Ingalls Industries MGR ENGINEERING 3 in Newport News, Virginia
MGR ENGINEERING 3
X57: Proc Stand & Integ
External Job Description:
Business Architect -
This role is the direct management of a Business Architecture Group that leads the NNS business community through structuring, maintaining, and governing the NNS enterprise, business processes, data, and information. This role aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus is the business motivations, business operations and business analysis frameworks, related networks, and infrastructure that link these aspects of the enterprise together. The Business Enterprise, Process, and Data Architecture Group is responsible for:
• Developing a business architecture strategy based on situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations
• Applying a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views throughout the enterprise
• Translating the tactical and strategic enterprise goals into tactical projects with outcomes and ongoing governance
• Describing the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguishing between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions
• Defining the set of strategic, core, and support processes that cross functional and organizational boundaries; identifying and describing external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
• Defining the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data within the systems.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Auto req ID:
Business Architect, Manager 3
This position requires a BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited school of engineering and 8 years of progressive technical experience in research, engineering, and design or equivalent. A MS in Engineering with 6 years of relevant experience.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
Knowledge and Technical Skills -
• Broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
• Ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
• Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
• Ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
• Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
• Ability to create high-level business visions to support the company goals
• Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
• Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and visual communications
• Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
• Team player able to work with and influence all levels of the organization
• Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
• Ability to provide effective management guidance and leadership