Atlas Technologies, Inc Network Technician (GCCS-M) in Chesapeake, Virginia
*We currently have an opening for a Network Technician (GCCS-M) supporting our Chesapeake, VA office. *
Network Technician (GCCS-M) – Atlas Technologies, a rapidly expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals.
Atlas Technologies, a rapidly expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals. If you are comfortable in intense fast paced environments, can think on your feet, excel in team-based collaborative efforts, and can tolerate visiting some of the most exotic locations in the world then this may be the right fit for you. The Network Technician will serve as a subject matter expert for US Navy Global Command and Control System - Maritime (GCCS-M) Systems. The Network Technician will provide technical support to correct system faults in GCCS-M AN/USQ-119, AN/USQ-172, AN/USQ-172 GCCS-M 4.x, and USQ-188 Radiant Mercury systems and equipment aboard US Navy vessels.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and correcting system issues associated with installation, operation, maintenance, and connectivity.
- Providing maintenance training to ship’s force technicians in the operation, repair, and maintenance of the listed system variants.
- Perform functional checks and program review support for C2I systems.
- Performs systems operations testing for various U.S. Navy network systems to operational units worldwide.
- Up to 20% travel domestic and international.
* Position Requirements:*
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a minimum of a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret level Security Clearance or be able to obtain an interim security clearance prior to hire date. Must have and maintain eligibility for increased personnel security clearance levels and/or Special Access Programs (SAP).
- Experience with one or more of the following systems (Required):Global Command and Control System-Maritime (GCCS-M).
- Experience with one or more of the following systems (Desired):
- Integrated Shipboard Network Systems (ISNS)
- Consolidated Aflaot Network Enterprise System (CANES)
- Automated Digital Network System (ADNS)
- Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS)
- Experienced in TCP/IP and common protocols such as FTP, SSH SMTP, DNS, SNMP, and NTP.
- Experienced in routing and switching (Cisco preferred)
- Experienced in system administration (Microsoft or Linux preferred)
- Experienced in VMware ESX and vSphere.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport or obtain one within 45 days of employment.
- CompTIA Security+CE Certification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Systems Admin/Field Engineer/System Analyst
- A relevant vendor operating system certification must be obtained within 4 months of employment to obtain IAT II status.
Atlas Technologies, Inc. is an innovative provider of leading edge Information Technology (IT) solutions to Government and industry partners. Our primary focus and experience covers network integration, cybersecurity, software development, engineering, and management.
Atlas takes pride in our highly experienced and driven employees who share our Core Values and our Vision of merging technology with integrity to create a positive impact for our clients, community and country.
Atlas offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Holidays, 401k, Education Assistance, Charitable Matching, Pet Insurance, Flex Time, Employee Recognition and Ancillary Benefits.
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Visit our careers site to apply and join our growing team of professionals. Visit us onFacebook andGlassdoor to learn more about Atlas.
EEO is the Law Poster Pay Transparency Disability Rights
Location: Chesapeake, VA